Sunday 19 January 2014

I'm going to Italy!

Ciao,

So it is officially official as of about 20 minutes ago...I am going to Italy! Yay! I have just booked my flight and will be leaving on February 26th and heading to Lecce which is in the very south of Italy. I am going to be attending uni in Italy at Università del Salento from the beginning of March until June!

That's Lecce in the red circle at the
 heel of the boot.South south south!


How cute is this picture of Italy?!?
Lecce isn't shown but you can see
Bari which is where I will fly to!

I am excited and petrified all at the same time! I'm excited because, well it's pretty obvious really, it's Italy with Italian food, sunshine and cute mopeds and maybe cute Italian boys ;)! Also because I will get to spend loads of time with my lovely friend Kat as we have decided to be roomies. I have missed her over the past 5 months while she's been in Madrid so it'll be amazing to spend time with her making memories in Italy. 

However, as you can imagine it's been a hard decision to make and I was very dubious about going because of my Dad. He started his chemo on Monday and touch wood so far he has been okay which has reassured me slightly. More than anything I want to graduate in 2015 as planned and going to Italy allows me to do this, even if it will be very hard to be away from my family. I am also petrified as I know NO Italian at all. Absolutely none. I have broken every linguist rule and not practised since I broke up from uni in May! Oh dearie me. I have only studied Italian for 2 years so I think I am going to really struggle in the first few weeks but sometimes you have to jump in at the deep end! I have been planning to revise and study but I have been so consumed by driving lessons and going to the gym at the moment on top of work that I have been so tired and had barely any time to do any practice. Rubbish excuse I know but I did buy something rather awesome though...vocabulary Post-its!



These are super cool and a fun way to learn vocab which is key when just picking up a language. Unfortunately they only have level 1 in the shops at the moment and the next few levels aren't coming out until March which is when I will be in Italy! 

I really need to get my butt in gear and crack on with some Italian revision!

Ciao for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment